Nationality: A candidates must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (I), (Ii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
- Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the exam provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
CDS Age Limit, Sex & Marital Status
- For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 1997 and not later than 01st January 2002 only are eligible
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 1997 and not later than 01st January 2002 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 01st January 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1997 and not later than 01st January 2001 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 2001) only are eligible
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd January 1996 and not later than 01st January 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1996 and not later than 01st January 2002.
Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognised University or equivalent
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block II, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
- in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled:
- For admission to IMA on or before 1st January 2021, Indian Naval Academy on or before 01st January 2021 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th November 2020.
- For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai on or before 01st April 2021
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (1), 2020 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV of the information brochure
- Candidates (except Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-I registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only